The last few months in the photography and video world have been very exciting. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite releases and the news that we’re most interesting in! Check it all out below.
First off Sony released the new RX100 VI. This little compact camera got an all new zoom lens from 24-200mm. Check out the specs below.
Adorama Inspire Series
- Hands-on wedding photography – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-slr-lounge-hands-on-wedding-photography-tickets-46069232314
- Mixing light painting and landscapes – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-mixing-light-painting-and-landscape-photography-tickets-46319891041
- Business of content creation – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-art-of-visuals-presents-be-visually-inspired-tickets-44935500291
- Portrait kit that won’t quit – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-portrait-kit-that-wont-quit-with-gavin-hoey-tickets-46309128851
- Architecture photo walk at Freedom Tower – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-creative-elements-of-architecture-out-with-the-rule-book-tickets-45735270425
- Rooftop portraits with Sony – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-a-night-with-sony-tickets-46187298453
- Field trip to Storm King Art Center with @tutes – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspire-storm-king-photo-field-trip-with-tutes-tickets-46440538902
Langly Field Jacket Kickstarter
Langly, purveyor of beautiful camera bags, accessories, and apparel, has released a Kickstarter of their new Field Jacket. I’m looking forward to rocking this jacket in the stormy weather next Winter.
Check out the Kickstarter at the LINK HERE.
Sony RX100 Mark VI
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24–200 mmF2.8–4.5 high-resolution zoom lens.
- Approx. 20.1 effective megapixel 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS sensor with DRAM chip.
- BIONZ X™ image processing engine for superior detail reproduction and noise reduction.
- 0.03 secAF response with 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points.
- Up to 24fps continuous shooting with AF/AE for up to 233shots
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0″-type (0.52″ x 0.35″) Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- Auto (ISO125–12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO125–12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600.
2 New Canon Lenses
Canon also revamped two of their 70-200mm lenses. The only question is, are they revamped enough to warrant the hike in price? Personally I think that the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III is well priced compared ot the competition. Check them out at the links below.
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM – $1,299.00
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM – $2,099.00